Sunday 10 February 2008

Chamonix- Day 8

A well deserved rest day on Saturday, waving most people goodbye then updating this blog and publishing photos to all. Ian, Patrick and Jim and I went out for dinner in Chamonix onceI'd moved into the apartment in Forclaz, Cham Sud.


Today I headed up alone to Le Tour just for a 4 hr play round. The weather was beautiful- hot and sunny, but the off-piste conditions were chopped up, tracked and hard packed, the pistes were a better option but pretty hard packed with just a sprinkling of scuffed powder.


It was good excuse for me to practice my technique for cross-under turns, which went quite well. I went up the Autannes chair across the traverses and down to Esserts chair but the off piste there looked terrible and as I'm nursing a massively swollen left arm I was not tempted so I took the red run back to Autannes.


Of course I wanted more so I headed up and skiers left to the off piste and it was very choppy and although I was turning well, I suddenly hit the deck on a toe turn and reached out my left arm, pulled the shoulder again and curled up in screeching pain. You can see why (right pic)- the whole arm is bruised, the muscle torn and upper and fore arm swollen a lot!

So I went for lunch and a sunbathe looking out to Mont Blanc- huge queues for lunch but once I got a deckchair the arm had time to recover or at least ease the pain.


I went for a couple more runs on piste before taking the piste down to the bottom of Charamillon and straight onto a bus home.


Now I'm settling into cooking my own food and getting ready to work tomorrow, but have also gone out for some Arnica and trying to heal myself!

No comments: