Wednesday 14 January 2009

Time to Ride





My first day of unemployment and I made the most of it!

Headed on down to Nirvana Cycles and borrowed the demo bike- a Lapierre Zesty 514 (pictured)- and joined them for the "Old blokes ride"from 12 noon til 3pm- never been out on a Wednesday afternoon round here, always been on conference calls. It's quite odd to see what life goes on beyond the life I've been stuck in!

A great ride- we rode til 3:20 with a short tea break at Peaslake and we covered off around 33km from Westcott to Winterfold and back. I enjoyed riding a lighter suspension bike that still skipped off all the little jumps and roots as we flew over them. I was a bit knackered by half way through though. Its only when you physically put your body to the test that you realise how much emotional strain you've been living with for the past few months.

I need to retain a little stress and wind down slowly just so I don't get ill. Still it's pretty stressful constantly thinking and planning what your next steps in life are going to be.

Step 1- get your big birthday celebrations out of the way.
Step 2- start writing on that blank sheet ahead of you!

Anyway after the ride I went to play with my niece and nephew- what fun to pretend to be a kid again!

No comments: