Wednesday 23 September 2009

Nat's biking initiation


Nat was the 1st member of staff to ask me to take them biking but until now she never made it so as her birthday treat (punishment) we went to ride the North Cinnabar to Mowson pond trail.

The first few sections were hysterical as she moved at great speedlooking every part the mounatin biker, right kit, right bike, right body postition ... but wrong braking technique. All I could hear were screams and giggles as she bit the dust a few times in the first few 100m of descent. At one point all I heard was "I'm literally hugging a tree right now!" lol.

Well her skills improved but her fitness was lacking and by the lookout she was suffering a smokers cough, so we laid down on the fallen tree and snoozed and ate lunch and stared at the view for a long break. It was such a hot day!

By the time I got her out to Mowsons pond she was pretty speechless and I thought maybe I'd overdone it she was so worn out- I was not sure if she was mad with me or with herself (her fitness).

Anyway she went straight to bed after a post ride beer and a quick dinner! Ooops!

It's tough round here there are no beginner trails so no breaking in gently!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: