Thursday 26 February 2009

Indoor Climbing

Craggy Island Climbing WallToday I went indoor climbing at Craggy Island in Guildford with Jackie. 

I have not climbed for a long time so was out of practice and shape for it. It was pretty amazing to join the lunchtime special and climb with so few people around- I've only ever been to climbing walls at weekends and evenings before when it is pretty busy.

They've done loads of development there and there are even more routes. I renewed my membership and we climbed for 2 hours mainly on 4+ and 5 as the routes are pretty tough. We did a couple of 4's when we got tired and to get some technique back.

Forearms were pumped and grip strength challenged within minutes- boy will I feel that for the next few days! I actually forgot how much fun it is and so will go do some more now I have a climbing partner.

Jackie's a fair bit better than me but we can keep practicing and working on our technique to challenge one another. Can't take pics of video when climbing as am too busy belaying!

No comments: