Saturday 21 February 2009

Just the 2 of us!

Well its a long time since I rode with just Pete. It was kinda fun riding just the 2 of us again. After all it was Pete that showed me we had all this singletrack around the Surrey Hills and I have to credit him with being the one rider whose lines I watched and followed for years until I became a much better rider.

He doesn't ride so much nowadays but he is still a great rider and its so nice to ride with someone you know so well -both in terms of riding styles, fitness, skills and technique but also when you have so much history its so easy to chat away in a relaxed manner and giggle about old stories.

We went exploring over Winterfold way and played on as much singletrack as we could find- we really kept on the move not having to stop and wait for anyone else so it was a good workout too, although we had some long stops to chat. Seems I know a lot of local riders now though cos there were quite a few others we bumped into and got chatting to.

All in all we totted up some 30km over 4hrs of glorious sunshine, with a couple of tea stops of course. Hope we both have legs left for our respective rides tomorrow.

No comments: