Sunday 20 December 2009

Christmas Tree Expedition


What fun today! The best way to go fetch a tree for Christmas.

After a quick cross country ski around the lake, Daryl and I hopped on a snowmobile and headed for the woods. The snow was awesome as its been snowing all day long so it was a thrill to drive a snowmobile.

We selected a nice looking tree and together we mastered the chain saw and down it came.

We towed it back behind the snowmobile and then I got cutting with the handsaw to chop it down to size for the bar.


Once it was up all the staff came down for a few cocktails and decorated the tree and the bar for our Christmas here. No lack of decorations- I tested about 20 sets of lights!

I even have a set of lights in my room now!

I'm not one for getting all Christmassy normally, but standing outside this log lodge, in twilight with the snow falling like crazy and soft smooth white stuff all around is pretty magical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.