Wednesday 9 December 2009

Ice Hockey on the Lake

The lake froze over really thick this week and suddenly after the cold cold storms the sun came out, the ice was solid and so we had an impromptu game of ice hockey in our lunch hour.

Well did I mention I can't skate? It's even more interesting trying to skate with no barriers around the rink to stop you or hang on to and shuffle round. I soon forgot my fear of falling through the ice into a freezing lake though as my concentration on staying upright consumed all my brain cells!

Eventually I got the hang of it enough to join a game and using the hockey stick for support I provided much hilarity to all as I swiped at the puck beyond my reach and skating ability but competitive to a tee I found a way to play be it on the floor or performing an ungainly ice dance.

I ended up flat on the ice a few times and giggling my head off at my inability to stop when I had eventually got a move going!

Ah well it was such fun I intend to work harder and learn to skate even if my hockey might not improve!

No comments: