Saturday 23 May 2009

Day 7- And on the seventh day she rested


It rained all night last night, I could hear it on my little tent. My back was aching after 5 days in the saddle and sleeping on a thermarest- so this morning I decided to rest up, sleep in and get refreshed for next week.


The campground is now packed as its memorial day weekend. When I say packed, I mean full for US terms and not packed like crammed in as you are in UK. No here you all have a lot of space and although I can hear my neighbours we aren't on top of one another.

1st job this morning- Shower
Showered at teh Moab Cyclery for $5 and unlimited hot water- ooh so great to feel clean again after the layers of insect repellent, sunscreen, sweat and dusty trails.
2nd job- Laundromat
The Wet spot on 100 south- the cleanest, nicest laundromat I've ever used. Just 60mins later and all my kit is clean, smells sweet and dry!
3rd job- Food
Promised myself an American breakfast so had French Toast Tower with bacon and egg (sunny side up) at the Moab diner- yummy.
4th job- Internet
Am hanging in library catching up on email and blog(!) and then gonna read a bit about Moab history
5th job- Supplies
Need petrol, firewood, fix broken glasses(damn!), odor eaters (my bike shoes stink already!), 
6th job- RELAX


No comments: