Thursday 2 July 2009

Day 47- Disc Golf and Lakeside refreshment


Today is rest and pack day but it's sunny so pretty tough to stay indoors!

Matt and I went hiking over to Lost Lake to play Disc golf. We both kinda thought it might be lame and we only had one red frisbee acquired from the Reuse It centre for $1 but hey it's sunny!



Well even the 1st tee we were addicted, hilarious trying to throw a frisbee through trees up rock slabs and around dog legs to land in a cage or hit a single metal pillar.

I won the first 2 holes, then Matt tried my tactics ans we drew the 3rd, Matt took the 4th clearly improving it was 2-1 to me.
The 5th was atough one, longer, narrow and uphill but I made it in 5 and felt confident. Matt teed up and threw a powerful effort but oops it hooked right up and into the trees.
Well we searched and searched those bushes and trees but the disc was lost and Matt had to forfiet the game.
We were both frustrated as we had started to get addicted- it was a great fun day off activity.

It was really hot so we stomped back to the Lost lake beach area surrounded by views of mountains and we just stripped off and walked staright in to the beautiful clear blue waters that looked so so tempting. Well Matt went straight in I went up to my waist and waited a while as boy it sure was glacial in there!
Then a girl floating by me on an air bed just said "You gotta count to 3 and dive in" so I did- ooooh that is refreshing! Cold but wow such a great feeling!


We swam around for a while, out to the jetty and back. I can kind of see how a guy drowned here last week if you are not a strong swimmer the cold can get you quick if you are out of your depth.

Then we laid in teh sunshine on the beach area until we were dry and hungry and headed home.
Sure was a nice change of pace today.

No comments: