Friday 17 July 2009

Day 59- Ride Guide



Excited today as I get to guide my first ride since I got here. Adrian led and I tailguided the local trails. Jane drove us up to North Cinnabar trailhead and we took T2R and Bob and his sons out for a ride. Bob got a flat almost immediately so my 1st job was fixing that.

The trails were very loose dusty singletrack with awesome views, fun and twisty, more technical than the Spruce/Warner trails. The boys had a few offs but coped very well for 9 & 12 year olds.

Jane picked up the boys at Gun Creek Road and we carried on into the maze of singletrack below heading towards Mowson pond and shouting for bears while working our way through the fire beaten forest areas which were just char and ash- an amazing site.

Eventually while I was riding along staring at Mowson pond on my left I glimpsed Carpenter lake to the right- wow! Such a stunning Azure blue glacial lake sparkling through the ash covered ground. Beautiful.

Everyone was pretty tired and we enjoyed a drink on the deck before T2R headed home and I got busy with the Friday night rush for the weekend fun and games.

No comments: