Friday 7 August 2009

Camels Pass


Today while I sent Terry and his family off to ride the Spruce Lake trip, I headed out on the 2 hour climb up Taylors cabin and then an hour bike and hike a bike to Camels Pass then down the High Trail.

It was pretty hot, John had set out way ahead of us and waited at the top of the pass, Jane was around 15mins behind me as I reached Taylors cabin but she never wanted to stop and rest as the flies were too annoying.

It was a helluva climb over the pass but son we were descending narrow steep singletrack with wonderful views (par for the course around here but I'm trying not to get used to it!). We traversed a knife edge piece of trail then a steep rut before dropping into fast rolling meadows. We got chucked out at High Trail logging road and had a very fast brake melting descent- past a black bear at the side of the trail!

We left John and headed back along the Friburg and straight into the Lake at Tyax to clean and cool off with Adrian's clients. We just hjad time for a post ride beer before we had to go change a tyre on the van so I could shuttle Terry's gang from Gun Creek road. They'd been riding for 6hrs and were exhausted, but relieved to see me with a beer and a van for them.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: