Tuesday 4 August 2009

Water Ski Initiation


No work today due to the Forest fires which are preventing anyone travelling to of from the lodge. So we are trapped here in paradise with no customers.

Tired legs from biking singlespeed yesterday (snapped my rear derailleur cable and had to ride back from Spruce on 2 gears!), I decided to join Terry et famille at Gun Lake and try my hand at water skiing.

Ray (Terry's Dad) showed me how as he mono-skied down the lake. Then it was my turn and I was a little nervous I would end up being dragged thru the water face first with my boardies rond my ankles! The lake was quite warm compared to Tyaughton, but still a little shivery when you first get in. Legs bent, arms bent lean back just like Ray tld me and woah we are off! The rope taughtened, my lkegs braced against the water resistance and I was up! Yay!

I stayed up for a while and then bang I crashed as I hit the wake and wobbled off.

Around they came and off I went again but this time only briefly til I wobbled on the wake. "Think birth control Claire" said Ray "Keep those legs tight together"- so third time up and we went for ages in a straight line- yeeehaa this is excellent! Then we were running out of lake so as the boat turned I tried to too but no that's not how it works! Crash! Still grinning though!

A couple more crashes then a long run all the way back to the dock- yes I could get addicted to this!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: