Monday 1 June 2009

Day 16- Driving and Flying



Here I am modeling my new Western Spirit T-shirt- mainly cos it's clean and today I have to mix with real world people!

It was a hot night in Fruita and I slept under the stars no rain fly, but up early to decamp and pack my bike up for flying. I had a great IHOP french toast breakfast treat and waited for REI to open to return my camp gear. Then it was a long long drive through rainstorms and up and down cold mountain passes to get to Denver airport.

I flew with United and was pleasantly surprised by how efficiently I was checked in-- even if my bike cost me a fortune to fly! (Almost as expensive as me!)

Bit of a turbulent flight followed by a Canadian immigration officer who wasn't at all sure about my 97 days planned stay and how on earth I could afford it. But she let me in fortunately.

Drove over to Tom's and met his sister Ella and then a heavenly shower and sleep, bike building starts tomorrow.

No comments: