Wednesday 3 June 2009

Day 18- Whistler Bike Park


Bear Sitings: 0
Trails completed: 9
Riders: Tom, Pete (San Diego), Claire, Ella

First day in the park today. I arrived at the T2R EP lodge last night and did a whirlwind supermarket and Liquor store stock up while I had the car. So I had breakfast and finished my bike fettling just in time to meet Tom, Ella and Pete at the lifts.

Season pass sorted up we went. First run was down B-line for a warm up and blimey I was out of practice and took it really slow. Next run was Upper Crank it up, but lower was shut. So we hit Devils Club. Then we took on Ninja Cougar and Karate Monkey into Samurai Pizza Cat. Then another run down Crank it up but this time the whole run was open, and my skills were starting to come back to me so this was a sweet run before lunch.

After lunch we went for Schleyer which was great to do but I was still a bit raw down it. We had a few more runs down Ninja and Crank it up and B-line then we finished up on Angry Pirate. 

My hands and forearms were killing, but it was a great day and wonderful to have people to ride with to warm into the park.

No comments: