Tuesday 30 June 2009

Day 45- Cat Scratch Fever- Get Over it-Bike Park


Desperate to do an XC ride today so I took Mark out first thing up Ricks Roost down a steep but flowy Catch Scratch Fever into Mandatory Suicide (which lived up to its name, hardly used this trail anymore and some very sketchy, loamy steep steep descents had me off my bike twice) then into a much more flowy trail called Mel's Dilemma. I wanted to find the new trail "Get Over it" which was finished just 2 weeks ago and has loads of great woodwork on it that joins Mel's too Bob's Rebob. The woodwork certainly is great especially the last run of ladder bridges and the narrow river crossing with bailout ropes that probably would not catch many a bailer as they are too far from the bridge but hey they might just catch some.

After Bob's Rebob I took Mark on his first run thru River Runs thru it. He had some bad SPD moments- never nice on woodwork and then he sorta rode the log bridge holding onto the ropes and feeding them thru his hands- so I sent him back to ride it properly. He reluctantly but successfully made it.

As we came round to teh double teeter I shouted to him not to follow me on to it and I promptly fell off. So he decided to video me and again I fell off the first teeter with a perfect demo of the how to bail technique. Finally my 3rd attempt I managed to complete it by focusing on the end and not on the first teeter dropping and oh yes moving much faster over it! Woohoo moments!

A bit of a snooze at home after that then I went up to the Bike Park and rode with Sean from 5:30 to 8:30- we just seesioned and did some filming on Ninja Cougar and then we ended up doing the sweep run down Ninja Cougar at 8pm on the last lift of the day to make sure vereyone was off the mountain.

Got home and ended up on the phone outside for 30 mins while trying to get my armour off but I decided to join the Heli Drop for tomorrow.

No comments: