Saturday 13 June 2009

Day 28- Whistler Double Teeter


Started the day with a few runs in the bike park - it's Saturday and going to be a busy one as its so hot and sunny today and some trails are opening up after some buff and polish! I was on the first few lifts and even then Crank it Up was busy and I was catching people on it. Let alone HOD!

As the lift line started to grow I got through quick on the singles line (spoilt by the no lift lines last week or so). Ninja Cougar was shut even though they'd buffed it and I was desperate to ride it, so I took Schleyer nailed the drop this time (phew) and cut off to Karate Monkey which was fast now I know the line on this narrow rocky rooty trail.

On my next run I took Angry pirate as it was not being ridden and I wanted to checkout the work done. The berms were tight and smooth on the upper black section but really smooth on the lower blue and then I came round a corner to find a new bermed boardwalk into a small drop- just the right size for me even if your dropping and turning at the same time- I rode it and loved it- must do again now!

Last run this am was Ninja Cougar in near perfect condtions as I was one of the first dozen to ride it and I know the lines now- All the bumps and stones gone those tight berms and chicanes were so fast as I bounced from one to another! But a queue was building for Karate Monkey so I went over to run Lower Angry pirate again- oooh soooo great!

It was getting really busy so I swapped bikes, de-armoured and went to ride Emerald Forest and River Runs thru it in the valley. This time I could not resist it and I rode the double teeter totter (see short video as proof)- I had to ride it twice of course! Like it! Must build one at home- as if!

I also fitted in some Skype chatting with all the family at home- everyone just loves the novelty of video chat when you are in different continents and time zones!

No comments: