Monday 8 June 2009

Day 23- Whistler GLC Crash


Play it in Full screen mode and with sound!

Bear Sitings: 1
Runs Ridden: 6

Right well first I want to start by saying that I ticked more boxes today!
Also that I did promise you a pic of me on GLC that would impress you!
(I was only supposed to be getting a few hours riding in anyway this pm)

Sean and I took Matt out for his first proper runs in the park and showed him B-line, Crank it up, Ninja Cougar, Karate Monkey, Samurai Pizza Cat, Ho Chi Minh, Heart of Darkness, Schleyer, Crack Addict, Devils Club, Smoke & Mirrors, World Cup Singletrack, GLC drops middle and big.

Matt had no issues with anything we threw at him. Sean had us dropping off the big GLC drop on run 3. So then we hit Crack Addict (Double black diamond) and I decided to do the drop off the wood ramp onto the wood ramp and managed to clear the whole run for the first time. 1 tick!

Then we rode Schleyer and at the rock drop just beyond the junction with Joyride we took a look and I decided I could do it and indeed I did- yeehaa I was very happy with that! 2 ticks!

So now down to finish on the big GLC drop I decided after landing it 3 times I'd be safe in asking Sean to video me this time. Of course that is always a sure recipe for entertainment and just so I did not bore you all- you can see what happened from the video. I went too slow, too far right and nose dived a little. I can say I sorta landed it though! Damn I was so close to impressing you!
3 ticks! (Well as you know if you ain't crashing you ain't mountain biking!)

Ho-Hum- More work to do!

No comments: