Thursday 11 June 2009

Day 26- Whistler Lost Lake etc


Time to get out and stretch my pedalling legs a little more. I was craving some XC singletrack with some flow so I headed out to Lost Lake trails for the morning.

These trails are so much fun to ride - it's like having Afan Argoed on my doorstep just with a lot more woodwork, and dry sunny conditions. All the trails appear to be named after Frank Zappa songs apparently and very odd they are too- it's a maze of short blue graded trail sections.

Peaches en regalia- Dinah Moe Hum- Disco Boy-Fountain of Love-Pinnochios Furniture- Dwarf Nebula-Zoot Allures- Toad of the short forest-Gee I like your pants-Son of Mr Green Genes- Jellyroll gumdrop- Hooktender- Tommy Moore- Packard Goose- I'm not satisfied- Why Johnny can't read- Molly Hogan. (there seems to be another trail being constructed after Why Johnny can't read so watch for it opening)

I also climbed up the last part of Comfortably Numb previously known as Secret trail and had a fun singletrack double diamond descent back down.

Once again I was loving it so I went oveer to ride Cut Yer Bars close to the house. I could climb most of the techy rock climbs on my Zesty and roll over all the steepish slab descents. This is a really fun trail to just pop out from the house and get a quick ride in.

There's a great wall ride/berm at the end which I did not ride as you need speed!

No comments: