Thursday 4 June 2009

Day 19- Whistler Bike Park

Bear Sitings: 0
Trails Ridden: 6
Riders: Just me

Spent the morning on Skype catching up with Pete, then Mum and then Jules and the kids, before I knew it the lifts were open- time flies eh? Quickly tried to get in touch with Gerry to wish her happy birthday but she's not as computerised as the rest of us.

Just a few hours today in the park- taking it easy as my arms were aching from yesterday's warm-up. I pretty much rode all the trails from yesterday but certainly a lot better skills wise - this Banshee Scythe is definitely a much better bike for this style of riding and is helping me get back to last years levels quickly.

The great thing about this place is that everyone here is here to play, whether biking, hiking, Golfing, fishing, etc etc- the attitude is relaxed but energetic and generally most people are happy and if not its just because they are hungover right now!

No comments: