Friday 12 June 2009

Day 27- Whistler Bike Park


This morning Sean and I rode a few easy trails in the park with Sue as she is just learning to ride this sort of stuff.

We rode B-line, After Atlantis and Crabapple, Ho Chi Minh then we did Golden Triangle playing on the wall berm on EZ does it for fun. I kept riding the GLC middle drop as I have not got my head around the crashing off the big one so need to build up to it again.

We treated ourselves with a break to our budget today and had lunch on the GLC patio with Matt. Mark and Chris, Warren and JJ were there too.

After that Sean and I went up and rode Schleyer (I had a small fall after dropping the 1st rock drop- too slow again!). Then we rode Crank it up to get my air time experience going again. Matt's forks were finally fixed but then the lift shut for a lightening storm so we decided to go ride Cut Yer bars. It's a lot tougher climbing that stuff on a big heavy bike but still a fun ride! It polished us off for the day.

BBQ at the main lodge tonight and got ourselves signed up for some trail building on Sunday in Squamish with SORCA.

No comments: